We constructed the St Brigid Centre for Visual Impairment, Autism & SEN Project at Cardinal Newman High School, for Luton Borough Council.
The works consisted of refurbishing the existing DT block into a multiple use building, consisting of three Special Educational Needs (SEN) areas and a refurbished design technology area.
The project was completed under a JCT 2016 Building Contract and works included:
- Internal Strip Out (Inc Walls & Ceilings, Windows & Doors M&E)
- Asbestos removal.
- Re-roofing & remodelling of external treatments.
- New windows and external doors including manifestations.
- Internal re-modelling including new electrical, mechanical, data, alarm & safeguarding access control systems.
- Specialised door, decoration and floor finishes for specific SEN needs.
- Large canopies for outdoor learning space and play space.
- Remodelled external works including accessibility paving, access ramps, handrailing, fencing & access control systems.
This project came with its fair share of challenges. Due to the effects of COVID19, some key members of our supply chain went into administration during the construction process, as well as us facing raw material supply delays. We were able to overcome these challenge’s by using other quality subcontractors and suppliers from our approved database.
The project was completed inside the grounds of a fully operational school. Through careful planning and consideration to restrictions we were able to work alongside the school with minimal disruptions.